Register of Approved Driving Instructor Appeals
Our specialist team at Just Motor Law can provide you with assistance and representation if you disagree with the Approved Driving Instructor Registrar decision to:
1) refuse to enter or keep your name on the register
2) remove your name from the register
3) refuse to give you a trainee licence
4) remove your trainee licence
5) refuse to extend your trainee licence
6) refuse you compensation if you were suspended as an ADI
Where appropriate we can assist you in making written representations to the Registrar inviting him to reconsider the decision.
Our team can also advise you and attend to represent you at an appeal against the Registrar’s decision to the Transport Tribunal.
An appeal must be lodged within different time limits:
1) 14 days if you’re a trainee instructor appealing about a registration decision
2) 28 days if you’re an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) appealing about a registration decision
3) 28 days if you’re appealing about a compensation claim
A disqualification from driving within the previous 4 years or receiving 9 live penalty points endorsed on your driving licence would preclude your registration.
The statutory test that will be applied will be whether you are a “fit and proper person" to have your name entered in the register. We can assist you in preparing written representations for the Registrar or in making persuasive representations at the appeal with the aim of demonstrating that you are indeed fit and proper to have your name entered in the register.
We can also advise you on the merits of appealing the decision of the First-Tier Tribunal if your appeal has been refused. This would be by way of an appeal to the Upper Tribunal and can be made where the tribunal:
1) Applied the law incorrectly
2) Conducted the proceedings in breach of the proper procedures
3) Failed to give adequate reasons for it’s decision
Simply complete the online enquiry form below and a member of our team will contact you.
Let Just Motor Law guide you on your legal journey.