Professional Negligence

Professional Negligence

When you engage the expertise of a professional service provider, including Solicitors, Accountants, Financial Advisors and Architects, you expect the highest level of expertise and advice but unfortunately this is not always the case.

These professions, as well as others,  owe a ‘duty of care’ to their clients and customers. This means that they must act in a way that is reasonably expected. If there is a ‘duty of care’, which duty is breached and you have suffered losses as a result of that breach, it is possible that you may have a potential claim in professional negligence.

With Kirwans, you have access to leading litigation experts who can advise on the most effective cause of action to resolve your dispute. We understand the frustrations and anxiety such a claim can bring, which is why our approach guides you through your options step by step. When your trust in a profession has been broken our team are on hand to provide you with the support you need.

If your dispute is a service based complaint rather than a professional negligence matter, many professional services have a dedicated ombudsman or regulator, which oversee complaints. More information can be found from websites including, but not restricted to:

• Financial Services, including IFA’s and Brokers  - Financial Services Authority
• Property Surveyors - Ombudsman Services
• Accountants - Financial Ombudsman
• Solicitors - Legal Ombudsman

To find out more about our services and how Kirwans can help you, contact a member of our Dispute Resolution team today on 0151 608 9078 or complete our online enquiry form.

DR Team Banner v1.0817

Do you need assistance from our
Dispute Resolution team?

Simply complete the online enquiry form below and our Dispute Resolution team will contact you.

Let Kirwans guide you on your legal journey.


What our clients say...